ReviewWriter: Cinnamon LionWriter Ratings:Overall: Cast: Plot: Effects: Cinematography: Watch this if you liked:
"Redha" The Good, the Bad, and the Choral Speaking:
• In the beginning, the movie gives off an average and boring first impression, but it was proven to be wrong as you go deep into the story and realise that the movie is far more inspirational and entertaining than it seems, even more so than most of the local films ever created.
• The movie may not be of your conventional, typical mainstream romance, horror or action flick, but it has more heart and soul than any of these genres, and the message and values it tries to deliver across are noble, inspiring and simply beautiful.
• Based on a true story, the film is about an English teacher named Cheryl Ann Fernando who trains her students who are bad in English - be it writing or reading - to participate in the district level of choral speaking competition, and through this simple but touching plot, it proves that nothing is impossible as long as there's determination and will.
• The simplistic story is beautifully arranged and each scene contains an important underlying message. Not only that, the film also has all of the important elements in a good film such as happy, sad and also comedic moments.
• Even though ninety per cent of the cast are made up of the real life students from the school of which the movie is inspired by, their acting is realistic enough despite it being their first time on a film.Trivia
• 90 per cent of the students are the real-life students from Pinang Tunggal high school.Cinema Online, 10 March 2017