Matthew Perry died of ketamine overdose
Showtimes
 
News

Matthew Perry died of ketamine overdose

The actor passed away in late October
The actor passed away in late October

18 Dec – The cause of death of actor Matthew Perry has finally been revealed.

The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner's Office recently released its toxicology report, in which the "Friends" actor was revealed to have died from "the acute effects of ketamine".

However, the exact method of intake is unknown.


In addition, the medical examiner's office also revealed that there were other contributing factors in the "Friends" actor's death, including drowning, coronary artery disease and the effects of buprenorphine, which is used to treat opioid use disorder.

The late actor was open about his struggles with addiction
The late actor was open about his struggles with addiction

"At the high levels of ketamine found in his postmortem blood specimens, the main lethal effects would be from both cardiovascular overstimulation and respiratory depression," the report added. The death was ruled as an accident.

The late actor who played Chandler in the highly successful sitcom passed away in late October, with the police saying that there was no sign of foul play or drugs at the scene.

He will always be remembered as Chandler
He will always be remembered as Chandler


Related Links:
Showtimes