ReviewWriter: Cinnamon LionWriter Ratings:Overall: Cast: Plot: Effects: Cinematography: Watch this if you liked:
"Guardians of the Galaxy"The Good, the Bad and the Ant-venture!:
• Marvel has delivered their most relatable superhero to date in the form of an out-of-luck man who just wants to do right by his young daughter and balance out his responsibilities (in a comical way of course!). This is not really a super serious superhero movie and its simple yet entertaining story is a much welcome change.
• Speaking about comical, this movie has plenty of laugh out loud moments which puts it on the same level as "Guardians of the Galaxy". We think this is because Paul Rudd executes his seasoned comedic chops so well that it makes him instantly likable to the majority of moviegoers like how Chris Pratt's Star Lord was well received.
• Who would have thought Michael Douglas would actually appear in a superhero movie? Well, he plays a pivotal role in this one and some of the best moments of the film comes from his interaction with Paul Rudd's character, Scott Lang as they balance out the serious against the funny.
• The sleek looking Evangeline Lily will definitely give the boys something to drool about and her pairing with Rudd couldn't be more perfect. Luckily she's not as drab as Pepper from "Iron Man"!
• We really loved Michael Pena's character, Luis, who also delivers some pretty hilarious moments especially when he is paired with Scott Lang to carry out a major heist.
• As with all Marvel movies, the effects in "Ant-Man" is really very cool and seeing the seemingly effortless rendering of Scott Lang in costume switching between human-size to ant-size in between action sequences is a sure joy to watch!
• The only flaw of the movie comes in the form of the villain, Yellowjacket, played by Corey Stoll, who compared to other Marvel baddies like Ultron, Thanos and etc, makes him seem more like a bully than an actual evil villain.
• Obviously, it goes without saying that you should stay through the credits for a special scene. (Yes, we're saying it anyway in case you forget!)Cinema Online, 15 July 2015