ReviewWriter: Cinnamon LionWriter Ratings:Overall: Cast: Plot: Effects: Cinematography: Watch this if you liked:
“Blade Runner” The Good, the Bad and the Futuristic Adventure:
• An amazing follow-up to a three-decade old film, and not to mention that it's just as brilliant.
• After 35 long years, when news that the sequel of the iconic cult film will be made, many had their doubts. But luckily, the film is in good hands thanks to the wonderful direction from Denis Villeneuve.
• It is very recommended that you watch the first film first, so that you can appreciate the sequel better, but even if you didn't catch the first one, you'll still enjoy the movie nonetheless as there is a short explanatory introduction.
• The movie is a visual masterpiece. The effects are phenomenal, but it doesn't mean that film rely solely on the effects, the story is also something to look forward to.
• Even though the movie is almost three hours long, you don't feel it at all because there is so much eye-candy on the screen including heartthrob Ryan Gosling.
• The movie has the same tone and atmosphere as the predecessor, but enhances it further, making it feels like a natural continuation of the original, without overdoing it. Trivia:
• David Bowie was Denis Villeneuve's first choice for the role of Niander Wallace, but passed away before the star of the shooting.Cinema Online, 06 October 2017