Wonder Woman sure looks great for 80-years old
30 Sep – With 2021 marking the 80th anniversary of the celebrated female superhero Wonder Woman, DC in collaboration with Warner Bros. Global Brands and Experiences, and WarnerMedia have unveiled their plans for a global celebration by inducting the character into Comic-Con Museum Character Hall of Fame.
WONDER WOMAN IN COMICS
The event will be held in a virtual ceremony on 21 October, honouring the legacy of Princess Diana of Themyscira since her first appearance in 1941. Fans around the world can tune-in to the Comic-Con Museum YouTube channel on the said date and celebrate with DC and the Museum in a toast to the character, with comics creators, talent shout-outs, and more fun moments.
DC is honouring the iconic character's 80th anniversary with a vibrant collection of commemorative releases, free editions and new series launches all starring DC's Champion of Truth and Warrior for Peace – with titles to be released in time to celebrate Wonder Woman Day on 21 October, and beyond.
● Wonderful Women of the World is an inspiring anthology showcasing 23 trailblazing women around the world. Tales of the real-world heroes who take up Princess Diana of Themyscira's mantle and work in the fields of science, sports, activism, diplomacy, and more include Beyoncé, Serena Williams, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Greta Thunberg, and Malala Yousafzai, amongst others. The book is available in comic book shops and bookstores today.
● Wonder Woman: 80 Years of the Amazon Warrior follows Wonder Woman from her first appearance through some of her most incredible battles in this hardcover special edition spanning over 400 pages.
● Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular will bring together some of the greatest storytellers in comics and entertainment for a tribute to Wonder Woman in a collectible keepsake. Available on October 5, fans can look forward to original stories and a beautiful art montage by Eisner Award-winning artist Yanick Paquette with colors by Nathan Fairbairn.
● Nubia and the Amazons follows the ongoing adventures of Nubia after the thrilling events of Infinite Frontier. The new series launching on October 19, is written by Vita Ayla and Stephanie Williams with art from all-star artist Alitha Martinez. After Nubia becomes queen of Themyscira, she is faced with new challenges including the unexpected arrival of new Amazons. As this hero is forced to reckon with her past, she must forge a new path forward for her sister.
● Launching on November 16, comes the highly-anticipated Wonder Woman Historia: The Amazons. The new series by writer Kelly Sue DeConnick and artist Phil Jiminez will explore the ancient history of the Amazons. Book One will be released November 16 with Jimenez's artwork. Book Two and Three will be released in Spring and Fall 2022 respectively with artist Gene Ha on Book Two and Nicola Scott on Book Three.
WONDER WOMAN NOW
Fans can watch and read Wonder Woman content on various platforms including:
● A massive catalogue of Wonder Woman film and TV releases including Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman (2009 animation), Wonder Woman: Bloodlines, and DC Super Hero Girls are available for streaming now on HBO GO.
● Cartoon Network will celebrate the Princess of the Amazons with a special episode of Teen Titans Go! airing in October. In this special episode titled, "DC," the Titans head to DC's headquarters to celebrate Wonder Woman's 80th birthday party.
WONDER WOMAN IN INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT
"Wonder Woman: Bloodlines"
● In celebration of all Wonder Woman characters, Injustice 2 mobile game will introduce the newest variant – Classic Wonder Woman – in October as an all-new powerful Gold character designed based off of her early comic book appearances. Fans will also be treated to an entire slate of Wonder Woman-themed special events and free rewards.
WONDER WOMAN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
● Bringing the celebration to TikTok starting on October 16, DC and Warner Bros. will launch the #WonderWomanSpinChallenge where fans can 'spin into their super self!' Make sure to tune into DC FanDome to find out more!
On the other hand, Warner Bros. Pictures has also confirmed the third Wonder Woman movie starring Gal Gadot will also be written by Jenkins.
Fans can delve into the history and enduring influence of the iconic character this October with the "Wonder Woman Authors & Talent Panel" on DC Community.
Don't miss DC FanDome on October 16 (October 17 in East Asia timezones) for more Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary content and commemoration! Check out www.WonderWoman80.com for the latest information on Wonder Woman 80.
Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman
Cinema Online, 30 September 2021